CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Friday, October 27, 2006

Moving house


I am teaching tonight on John chapter 1: The title of my message is 'In a Galaxy Far far away' my theme is how God was logos, a concept, an idea, a power in the universe that controlled things...just like The Force in Star Wars. John said 'in the beginning was the logos' but the main thrust of my teaching is that God did not stay a distant concept disconnected from the thing that he controlled instead he became a part of it, John1 v14 says the logos became flesh (human) anyway what I really love is how Peterson puts it in The Message, I will let you enjoy the application yourself...


The Word became flesh and blood and moved into the neighbourhood...John 1:14 (The Message)


Bruce Milne in his commentary on John in the Bible Speaks Today Series suggests four reasons for this amazing trip through the universe, through humiliation, through creation as God joins the human race through Jesus

They are


Salvation

Affirmation

Identification

Adoration


What a great sermon that would make...it gets me in the mood for Christmas


0 comments: