CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Thursday, October 19, 2006

Early mornings


I am not a morning person but thanks to my job and the fact that Becky and I share a car, or I scobe a lift, I have had to get into the routine of starting work every morning at 8am...yes 8am! I may well be the only person in the world in youth ministry who is sitting at his desk at that horrible time of the morning. The other thing I have noticed about my life and it's development in the last six months is the settling of a routine. I hate it but it has happened. But I have to say, it may well be one of the best things that has happened to me. I have learned the discipline of a diary (although I still overlooked one speaking engagement last week, much improved on last years five or six.) I also have time every morning to prepare for my team arriving into work. My devotional life actually exists and I have some time off work for like the first time ever. But it brings challenges to...like leaving room for God, being responsive to God's spirit and being desperate for God's power.

0 comments: