CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Friday, October 13, 2006

Forgiven much

I am preaching at Real Youth Church tonight at Pete K's place, the subject...Our Forgiving God. I have spent this morning doing a mixture of cleaning my house, ironing and preparing my message. As I have read scriptures, researched on the internet, prayed, listened I have just heard and enjoyed the voice of Jesus as He says 'forgiven much!' I am forgiven much. I am too old now to buy into Christianity's constant measuring against humanity...you know...I am definately better than so and so...so I must be ok. Truth is I would be screwed were it not for the sweet love of Jesus. I think my old mate Paul called me out when he said, McCready...You were dead in your sins! I was dead!
If you Oh Lord kept a record of sins, O Lord who could stand?
BUT WITH YOU THERE IS FORGIVENESS! Psalm 130

Yeh I am forgiven much and so I recognise my huge responsibility to forgive much as well.

Alive in Christ

0 comments: