CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Monday, January 08, 2007

Thoughts


Back at work today after nearly three weeks off for my holidays. It has been such a great holiday, I feel renewed, refreshed and refocused. I have set some goals for the incoming year and I am excited to see where I will be in six months. 2006 was a hard year. I struggled through mostly and never really seemed to do more than crawl, so much for running the race. It finished well though in that it finished. I am glad to see the back of 06 and the dawning of a new year, filled with potential and hope and dreams and vision. I love the possibility of new things this year, letting go of old things, old struggles, old issues, unfulfilled dreams and unreached goals. I love the thought of a God who wipes the slate clean, says, go for it, have another crack, take another shot. Have faith in yourself, have faith in Me. I guess the biggest challenge I face is believing in myself, walking in my identity, trusting in Christ, and throwing my full heart on God, a God I can depend on. God was faithful last year and will be faithful in the year to come.

2 comments:

Ken said...

I'm there with you, Steve. Hope to journey through the year with you close to God. May Jesus overflow your soul in 2007.

Peter Martin said...

Glad to see the back of 2006 myself... what a year!!