CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Friday, November 10, 2006

Going the Distance


Oh my goodness, this man knows me better than I know myself. That is what I thought when I started reading this book.
This book is going to be one of those books that changes everything about my life. It is as if someone has peeled back my head and jumped into my soul and started to tell me who I am, why I do what I do, why I feel what I feel and how to deal with the stuff that a life in ministry does to you. The book is about, well this is the blurb... Going the Distance
"Unfortunately, a growing number of Christian ministers don't seem to possess that staying power. 44% of all pastors who have been involved in ministry for more than 15 years suffer from 'burn out', or mental breakdown or serious illness. And that doesn't include those who fail to continue in active ministry for other reasons, such as immorality or loss of faith.
Going The Distance is about making sure you're not one of those statistics. Drawing on decades of biblical reflection and experience, Peter Brain explains how to keep fit mentally, physically, emotionally and spiritually for the long-haul"
Anyway this book has been written for people like me, people who want to live for God but who recognise they need help to do it.


0 comments: