CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Saturday, June 23, 2007

Dream Team World Tour


One week to go...

The Dream Team, Bec, Sue, Johnny and me head of on our long awaited world tour. This time next Saturday we will be sitting in the departure lounge in Heathrow Terminal 3 waiting to board our first flight of 8! Our itinerary looks like this, London to Hong Kong (3 nights), HK to Sydney (5 nights), SDY to Auckland (5 nights) AKL to Fiji (5 nights) Fiji to Los Angeles (3 nights) and then home.

I am so excited. My summer normally involves missions teams and evangelism. This summer is gonna be all about adventure, making memories and taking in as much of the globe as I can in three and a half weeks. My wee Granny died about a year ago and she kindly left me a few thousand pounds to do something special with. This trip is that something special. Here are some of things I am really looking forward to...

* A helicopter tour of Hong Kong and trying proper chinese food

*Going to the Tri-nations game between Australia and South Africa at the Telstra Stadium in Sydney and popping along to the Hillsongs Conference

* Learning to Ski in New Zealand, visiting Devenport and doing a bungee jump

*In Fiji I plan to learn to wind-surf and possibly some Scuba diving

*Then experiencing LA, Holywood, great beaches, and possibly some shopping.

I am hoping, God willing, that this summer is going to be an amazing time of rest, renewal, fun, friendship, life and adventure. I'll keep you posted.

7 comments:

J-Mac said...

Sounds class especially the tri-nations match! Have fun!

Joy Bell said...

Im green with envy!!!!!!!!!!

Unknown said...

Have a great one lad - no doubt you deserve it after the busy last 6 months... The Lord bless you and keep you!

Steve McCready said...

Thanks guys. It's gonna be an adventure. Have a great summer yourselves. Shalom

Jon Dexter said...

Mate!! You one fortunate person!! Enjoy it all and make sure you get some good photos!! Safe journeys

Steve McCready said...

Thanks Jon, great to hear from you. Had a nosy on your blog, you are still man of immense depth. Thats great. I'll keep you posted on the journey.

Jon Dexter said...

Same to you.. good to hear how God's using you. Hehe, my blog...hasn't really got going until more recently but had been trying to keep it up a bit more. Will see what happens. Enjoy the trip!!