CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Saturday, August 02, 2008

Camp 08

Got back from camp in the early hours of Friday morning. I was shattered so I wanted to take 24 hours to rest before I started unpacking the last week of my life. I was speaking at ChristChurch Belfast's Youth Summer Camp at Whitepark Bay over this last week and I have to say it was one of my ministry highlights so far. I was anxious about the camp, I was really under-prepared, I was without Rebecca who is now 8 months pregnant and I was tired after a hectic ministry program in July. However, despite all my worry and limitations God showed up in a massive way. I had six sessions, each one about 2 hours long and I spent the week challenging the young people towards community and relationship. There was a very powerful, evident transformation in the group and I am really excited to see where God leads them as youth group. God also did some new things in my heart over the week. I loved being back in a place of loving and encouraging young people, not just as a preacher, but as their pastor and mentor. God is continuing to shape me and also show me what he is asking me to do with my life. I have only been back from camp 2 days and I already miss the young people. The leaders and young people were such a blessing to me. Thanks guys.

0 comments: